Thursday, October 2, 2008

Speak of the Devil!



Just a little after finishing my last post on photojournalism, around 11:30 pm last night, I heard sirens. I thought they were just passing by, but I realized after a minute or so that they were parked nearby. I looked out my living room window and saw eleven cop cars parked right in front of my house. Before I knew it, I was running to get my camera and taking pictures. The rush of excitement came over me. I didn't realize until a few minutes later, that that was what photojournalism was, and I was practicing it. I didn't want to miss the fleeting moment to take a picture, but I acted without thinking. Now I'm even more sure than before, that this is the direction I want to go.

2 comments:

Joshua Stevens said...

lol awesome

Cassandra Steen said...

I still can't believe that happened right outside your house, I never get that kind of action at my place... haha