Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Post Post Post

I've always had a love for photography, but I guess I never really was aware of it until this one day two years ago. I remember it vividly; I was on my way to a friend's house after visiting three different malls, so I was taking buses I never usually took. I hopped onto one bus that was familiar to me, thinking it was heading downtown, when it was actually coming from downtown. I stayed on the bus thinking it would eventually turn back in ten minutes or so, but it didn't start turning back until half an hour later. I was pretty sour about it, but while I was on the bus, I got to see the sun just before it began to dip into the river, against a prospering sky of blue and purple. It was amazing. I knew then that I wanted more moments like that. I'm more the type to try and describe things with my words, but if I were able to have some type of physical evidence of what I preach about, that's something else. It wasn't until several months later that I decided to take the next step. In a time when I was lost in a sea of confusion, when I wasn't quite sure of what to do after high school - whether to take courses that my parents had approved of or a different route - a friend had pointed out that I showed some potential in photography. That's when I started taking it more seriously. I had never owned my own camera, and used my brother's little point and shoot from time to time. Four months later, I invested into a DSLR. Quite a big step from nothing, hahaha. It's been fifteen months and since then, I think my growth has been dramatic, and I'm never turning back.

Some skills that I hope to accomplish over the year are better people pictures, overall better composition, using my environment more creatively, editing my pictures tastefully, and to be more well rounded as a photographer.

Now, for a secret about myself. If I weren't going into photography, there are three other fields of study I would be happy to go into; music, writing or astronomy. I play several different instruments, I love to express myself with words, and star gazing is a must.

One other little secret; when I eat burgers, I eat the edges first and then the middle. The purpose for that is, I say all the good stuff is in the center! =)

No comments: