Thursday, January 1, 2009

52 Weeks to a New Me

I don't know where the idea came from, if I heard it from someone else or if I just thought it would be something fun do to, but it's a good way to start to a new year, a new path and a new me! Hopefully by the end of the year Ill reach my goal.

Since the year was coming to an end, what was the first thing you did? You made your new year resolution! So, I randomly thought of things that I didn't like about myself. It wasn't much of a task to list off at least a dozen in ten seconds. They're things that bug me but I never really pay close attention to or put off to solve on another day. They can be little things, habits of yours you don't like, habits you wish you had and things you need to get done. There's obviously quite a few, and trying to accomplish it throughout the year whenever seems a little scattered. You always have the drive to change at the beginning of the year, but once we get a little deeper, we either have no time or give up because it's too hard. We end up with unfinished goals. One week seems like a reasonable amount of time to make these goals a habit. The structure helps me keep focused and reminds me of what all my goals are. I also try to keep similar goals together in a month or two.

Here's an example, this is what I have planned out for January:

Week 1, Jan 1-9: Cut out pop and drink 8 glasses of water a day.
Week 2, Jan 10-16: Get up between 6-7 every morning, and go to sleep between 9-10:30.
Week 3, Jan 17-23: Eat breakfast.
Week 4, Jan 24-30: Make the bed every morning (I always leave it to my mom).

Each new week, you still have to carry on the goal of the previous week(s).

Little things like that are things we can change and benifit from. Try it yourself, what have you got to lose? Optimism is no crime, but a vision of something different.

Let's hope I progress to something different. =]

2 comments:

AmandaO said...

Ha. Oh Jessica.

I love the fact that you have goals, but I gotta say that you're a pretty amazing person just the way you are. Even if you drink pop and don't make the bed, you're still one of the funniest, coolest, most energetic people I've ever met. Oh yea...and a great photog too. :)

AO!

Ebonie Klassen said...

Your soooooo organized!! Oh yah and motivated!!! Good luck I'll be checking up on you! I'm pretty sure your mom will be happy with you making your bed!