Thursday, February 26, 2009

Movie Reviews

Review #1 - O Brother Where Art Thou?

I'd like to say that this movie was visually stimulating. The use of colors (saturation, desaturation), scene transistions and the lighting make this movie great and unique. The story line however, was one I had a hard time to keep interested in. Sometimes I didn't know what they were saying, and I paid more attention to the visual elements and structure than the story line. I guess I just couldn't really relate to the story. But, I will hand it to them for their choice in music. It did add to the overall feel of the movie, and I actually knew some of them because I sing with a gospel choir...ANYWAY. All in all, good movie.

Review #2 - Pecker

Bahahaha! Hilarious movie! Unlike O Brother Where Art Thou, in my opinion, this movie has such a rich story line. I was kept interested and entertained. The way it was shot was definitely plain, normal, and most likely on a lower budget than O Brother, but I think added it's own charm to the movie. The characters and the message of the movie were what made this one great. I can definitely relate to this movie; he's a photographer, I'm a photographer. But I always try and steal some street scenes and candids of my friends and family. I've actually seen this movie before and watched it the first time when I was twelve. It's where I learned what tea bagging was. Watching it again definitely makes the point of the movie more clear, easier for me to understand what it was all about and appreciate it more than I did before. And, I also get all the other jokes that I never understood when I was twelve.

"I love you more than Kodak!"

6 comments:

Tamé's Blog said...

hahah.

I love you more than kodak

was for sure the best sentence at the whole movie.

But what would you say instead of that?? I mean nobody shoots film anymore. so what would we say instead of, I love you more than kodak??

(nobody shoots film anymore. I meant nobody of the normal people shoots film anymore)

Cassandra Steen said...

haha wow bold statement made by thomas.... haha staying out of this convo =)

Carly Alexandra Stevenson said...

ooooh, lol. I'll stay out too :)

I'm going to DISAGREE (that's right, I said it) with your opinion on Pecker. I didn't LOL too often. I honestly think that THE TRIPOD could make a funnier movie. what do you think?

I really like the part where his friend is stripping at the club for money and he tells Pecker he ruined his life.. lol. Also loved the part of his little sister.. don't think it would have been the same without her.

Paolo Porquez said...

did you only watch 2 movies?
Its my first time to see Pecker, if I had seen it before or sometime when im 12 it wouldnt make that much sense and funny to me as well.

Paolo Porquez said...

Thank you finally someone who appreciated the music in the movie O Brother. Not only that it was funny it too was gospel related.

AmandaO said...

Good review, Jessica. I enjoy that you managed to see Pecker when you were twelve. :)